Tuesday 18 January 2011

Vlashka picks out customer tip No.2.


To add a little drama to my reading plan, here's how the choosing process worked. I picked out a bunch of dog biscuits, nominally gave them each a book title from those suggested by customers and lined them up on the floor in the lounge while Mr B kept hold of Vlashka in the next room. I called her through and after some initial hesitation, presumably not believing her eyes, she went straight for the one on the end first...which was...."Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter" by Tom Franklin. Will let you now how I get on. Looks like should be a good literary crime novel. I love the first page which explains the strange title...."M,I crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, humpback, humpback, I. - How southern children are taught to spell Mississippi."
Thanks for the recommendations. Keep adding to them please and I will continue to collate them and add them to the biscuit pile.
I have a train ride to London today and back tomorrow am so excited as it means some precious reading time without any interruptions, although I suppose I may occasionally have to chat to my husband sitting opposite me!
Mrs B

No comments: